Is This a Good Fit For You?
Are you and your spouse good candidates for a collaborative divorce?
Good candidates for this approach are typically couples who
- want a civilized, respectful resolution and are willing to focus on solutions rather than blame or revenge
- prefer to work with instead of against each other —substituting negotiation for confrontation
- are willing to consider creative solutions designed to preserve the short and long-term emotional and financial health of all parties
- desire that their children be spared from the emotional upheaval, hostility and disruption of a protracted and uncertain divorce battle
- want to control decision-making over child-rearing and/or financial
arrangements rather that turning it over to a judge or mediator
- desire a process that will foster healthy relationships in the restructured family unit
- are committed to building a positive future for themselves as opposed to punishing their spouse
- value privacy concerning their problems, assets, and children